Monday, July 2, 2012

An Uninvited Guest



I have a lot of really fucking random hobbies. Among them, and very close to the top of the list is ghost hunting. I'll probably write a lot of my stories in time, but as much as I love ghost hunting, I'm not a big fan of when the ghost hunts me...


This is something that happened to me several years ago at my old house in Swainsboro, GA when I was about 18. I had a nice 3 bedroom house to myself in an area that was actually notorious for creepy shit. It was on an old dirt road about 12 minutes from the nearest town.
I was by myself sleeping in my room when I heard the front door open. I heard the knob turn and it creak open and then 2 footsteps inside. Then I heard it close. I immediately got up and walked to the hallway and stood just inside my room listening for a while. The house was pitch black. It was 3:13 a.m. I crept to the end of the hallway and peered around the corner to look at the door. Then I flipped on the lights. Nothing... but actually... there was one thing.
The door was unlocked. I always locked that door before I went to bed and I even specifically remembered locking it from earlier this night because I was playing with the cat by the door before I did it.
So I walked over to the door and locked the deadbolt and the knob and turned it to make sure. I went back to bed noticing that the house seemed colder for some reason. I laid down on the side of my bed furthest away from the door to my room. I was laying on my stomach with my head facing the wall opposite my door as well. Then something hit me. I realized that I wasn't alone in my room.
I opened my eyes and moved my head just so slightly that I could see, out of the corner of my eye, my door. It was slowly moving wide open. Then it came in.
A tall hooded figure walked into my room. My blood went cold. I froze in pure panic. It was like I was paralyzed. Too scared to move and there was nowhere to go anyways. All I could do was watch.
The figure came into my room and was walking to the side of the bed where I lay. I began frantically and forcefully trying to blink as hard as I could and make it go away, I wanted to wake up. Why couldn't this all just be a nightmare?
It got to the corner of my bed. By this point it felt like my entire body was encased in ice. With every step closer, it got even colder. I blinked hard again. Opened my eyes. It was all the way on my side of the bed now. I slammed my eyelids down once more. Total panic. I still couldn't move. My head was screaming, praying to a god that I've never believed in, asking anything, just begging for something to help me, to just make it go away... Then I opened my eyes. It was standing in front of me.
I closed my eyes one final time... but not in fear this time. In an almost... "accepting" way. I wasn't sure whether to expect to feel a knife penetrate the back of my neck or feel the cold barrel of a gun touch the back of my head before everything went dark and I got to see for myself what really happens once we die...
Then I felt 2 hands placed upon my back. And then nothing...
I woke up the next morning like nothing had ever happened. And I still don't know what happened. It still fucks with me to this day. Any questions, feel free to ask. Everything in that story is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment